So, this has actually been going on all summer, but this is the first time I managed to bring my camera along when we went swimming at the pool here at our apartments. We go down there almost every day, which is why N is so tan. But, of special note today is that I think we have finally made it over the bump for J to shed the "floatie" he has been using all year. You see, I bribed him. I said if he swam the whole time without the floatie, I would get him a toy at Wal Mart. An hour later, I said, "Buddy, I don't think you need that floatie anymore." And he said, "Yep, when we get home we can throw it away!" He was a simmin' fool. He swam the length AND width of the pool quite a few times. He just took off today. Who said bribery never works?
And then there's N, who proudly wears her Dora suit and still won't put her head under water. *sigh*. Her friend, and next-door neighbor, Sage, is also 2, and swims like a little fish with no help. I'm hoping some of that will rub off on N a little. But for now, she's content to be able to roam the whole pool with her little pink floaties. And I guess that works for me. It keeps her happy anyway.It's sad to think that the summer is almost over. 2 more weeks and J starts school. Now that is just CRAZY!!




1 comment:
WAY TO GO JACK B!!!!!! That was SO awesome! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work! and remember I LOVE YOU!! -Aunt Lynsey
Post a Comment