
Ok, this being sick nonsense has reached ridiculous proportions. No one told me that when my husband started working in a doctor's office he would bring home every nasty bug he came in contact with and would give it to the rest of us. Let me just give you a play-by-play of our summer since the beginning of July (when DH started). The Sunday after his first day, J came down with a stomach bug, and all the joy that comes with it. One week to the day later, N graced us with her version of that stomach bug. Another week to the day, DH has the stomach bug, and lost 8 lbs because of it. Again, one week to the day I get sick, but this is not a stomach bug, this is sinus infection, sore throat, coughing, congestion, and losing my voice. Two days later, DH gets the same bug, but coughs much worse and so hardly sleeps for four days (couldn't lay down without coughing). After 4 days of that, DH pulled out the big guns and got us a nice heavy antibiotic. The next day (Sunday), J gets ANOTHER stomach bug, and he and I are up all night with that. Monday afternoon, J is feeling better, but N begins her bout with it (see previous post). Tuesday afternoon, I get it. Now keep in mind, I have been on heavy antibiotics for 4 days at this point. I'm up all night. And though the kids just had the upset stomach, I guess my immune system is shot by this time, because I get the stomach stuff, fever, chills, and aching ALL OVER! So add this up now. We have been sick non-stop a total of 5 weeks, conveniently the exact amount of time DH has been doing his rotations. Can I just tell you how sick I am of being sick! Someone should warn the families of these PA's that they should just plan on being sick for the rest of their rotations. I mean, seriously! No more, please!!!!



